Regularly maintaining your home is a good thing! It’s so important to maintain such a major financial asset. Check out the list of home care and maintenance tips for the month of July to help you keep your home in tip-top shape throughout the year.
Home Maintenance & Safety Checklist: July
Keeping Your Home In Tip-Top Shape In July & Throughout The Year
July has arrived. To keep your home in tip-top shape this month and throughout the year, here’s a checklist of home maintenance and safety items to take care of during July. (For a printable copy of the July Home Maintenance & Safety Checklist from RealEstateSpice.com, click here.)
15 More July Home Care Tips To Keep Your Home In Top Shape
- Clean your porch and deck lights
- Check your carbon monoxide and smoke alarms
- Check your window screens for holes
- Upgrade your pool safety and freshen up your pool
- Seal cracks and openings around your home to save on utility bills; check your home for any water leaks
- Adjust your sprinkler system to make sure your landscaping is getting the appropriate amount of water and you’re not wasting any
- Pump your septic system (if you have one)
- Organize your tools and garden equipment
- Clean out your garage
- Inspect your crawl space to make sure excess moisture is not building up
- Replace water and ice-maker filters
- Clean your sink and tub drains
- If you live in a hurricane-prone area, stock up on supplies
- Clean your outdoor cooker/grills
- Add a layer of mulch to reduce weeds in your yard and help maintain moisture
If you’re thinking about selling your home, check out The Coldwell Banker Advantage
Need Help With Home Renovations & Updates Before You Sell?
RealVitalizeSM is an exclusive Coldwell Banker program that helps with improvements and repairs to prepare your home for sale. We cover up-front costs and get paid back when your home sells. No hidden fees, no interest charges, no markups.
We’ve been helping Charlotte region home owners and sellers maintain their homes for 20+ years. If you’re considering purchasing or selling a home in the Charlotte area, contact Nina Hollander/Carolinas Realty Partners with Coldwell Banker Realty.
If you’re planning on selling your home, let’s get together and discuss the supply conditions in the Charlotte region and how we can assist you in gaining access to buyers who area ready, willing, and able to buy now, as well as how to prepare your home for sale for top dollar.
And let us show you how: