September 2020 year-to-date saw a continued and solid strengthening in the luxury housing market in the Charlotte region versus the same time frame in 2019, despite the ongoing pandemic. Home showings remained strong, home prices were up, inventory was down, months supply of homes were down, while closed and pending sales were up as were sale prices.
Charlotte Region’s Luxury Home Sales Activity Remains Strong
Latest news on Charlotte Region’s luxury housing market and what it means for you…
Charlotte Region’s luxury housing market saw a solid strengthening September 2020 year-to-date versus the same time frame in 2019, despite the ongoing pandemic. For homes priced above $750,000, the Charlotte region saw both higher pending and closed sales, in spite of a 22% decline in inventory and a minimal increase in new listings of less than one percent. Days on market, both average and median, also were down year-over-year, as was the months supply of inventory.
Luxury Housing Market Snapshot: Charlotte Region September 2020 Year-To-Date
- Homes Sold: 1,514 in September 2020 year-to-date, up 18.3%, versus 1,280 in September 2019
- Pending Sales: 1,975 in September 2020, up 23.4% year-to-date, versus 1,600 in September 2019
- New Listings: up 0.8% to 2,577 in September 2020 year-to-date versus 2,557 in September 2019
- Inventory of Homes: down 22% to 853 in September 2020 year-date versus 1,094 in September 2019
- Months Supply of Homes: down 34.2% with 5 months supply of homes in September 2020 year-to-date versus 7.6 months supply in September 2019
- Average Days on Market: 70 days in September 2020 year-to-date versus 75 days in September 2019
- Median Days on Market: 23 days in September 2020 year-to-date versus 35 days in September 2019
- Average Sale Price: up 3.8% to $1,162,379 in September 2020 year-to-date versus $1,199,939 in September 2019
- Median Sale Price: up 3.8% to $986,500 in September 2020 year-to-date versus $950,000 in September 2019
- Median % Of List Price Received: up 0.7% to 97% in September 2020 year-to-date versus September 2019
Want to know what this would mean for your family if you decide to buy or sell a Charlotte region home?
We can help.
Call us today at 704-779-0813 or contact us here.
There’s absolutely NO OBLIGATION. A consultation with Carolinas Realty Partners is FREE.
MEDIAN SALE PRICE TRENDS FOR LUXURY HOMES IN THE CHARLOTTE REGION
THINKING OF SELLING YOUR HOME? CHECK OUT THE COLDWELL BANKER MARKETING ADVANTAGE
This Charlotte region luxury housing market update for September 2020 is provided by Nina Hollander and Carolinas Realty Partners with Coldwell Banker Realty, your Charlotte metro area residential real estate experts serving Charlotte area luxury home buyers and sellers for 20+ years.
If you’re considering selling or purchasing a home in the Charlotte region, I’d love an opportunity to earn your business, to exceed your expectations, and to show you how:
Find Your Charlotte Region Luxury Dream Home