October 2020 year-to-date saw a continued strengthening in the luxury housing market in the Charlotte region versus the same time frame in 2019, despite the ongoing pandemic. Home showings remained strong, home prices were up, inventory was down, months supply of homes were down, while closed and pending sales were up as were sale prices.
Charlotte Region’s Luxury Home Sales Activity Remains Strong
Latest news on Charlotte Region’s luxury housing market and what it means for you…
Charlotte Region’s luxury housing market continued to strengthen in October 2020 year-to-date versus the same time frame in 2019, despite the ongoing pandemic. For homes priced above $750,000, the Charlotte region saw both higher pending and closed sales, in spite of a 21.3% decline in inventory and a minimal increase in new listings of 3.4%. Days on market, both average and median, also were down year-over-year, as was the months supply of inventory. Luxury home sellers continued to see a higher price as a percent of listing price, as well.
Luxury Housing Market Snapshot: Charlotte Region October 2020 Year-To-Date
- Homes Sold: 1,828 in October 2020 year-to-date, up 27.7%, versus 1,431 in October 2019
- Pending Sales: 2,206 in October 2020, up 25.3% year-to-date, versus 1,760 in October 2019
- New Listings: up 3.4% to 2,881 in October 2020 year-to-date versus 2,787 in October 2019
- Inventory of Homes: down 21.3% to 851 in October 2020 year-date versus 1,081 in October 2019
- Months Supply of Homes: down 32.4% with 5 months supply of homes in October 2020 year-to-date versus 7.4 months supply in October 2019
- Average Days on Market: 67 days in October 2020 year-to-date versus 77 days in October 2019
- Median Days on Market: 21 days in October 2020 year-to-date versus 35 days in October 2019
- Average Sale Price: up 2.7% to $1,1,58,359 in October 2020 year-to-date versus $1,127,734 in October 2019
- Median Sale Price: up 2% to $979,000 in October 2020 year-to-date versus $960,250 in October 2019
- Median % Of List Price Received: up 0.8% to 97.1% in October 2020 year-to-date versus 96.3% October 2019
Want to know what this would mean for your family if you decide to buy or sell a Charlotte region home?
We can help.
Call us today at 704-779-0813 or contact us here.
There’s absolutely NO OBLIGATION. A consultation with Carolinas Realty Partners is FREE.
MEDIAN SALE PRICE TRENDS FOR LUXURY HOMES IN THE CHARLOTTE REGION
LOOKING FOR YOUR LUXURY DREAM HOME IN THE CHARLOTTE AREA?
FREE Home Buyer Guide: “Things To Consider When Buying A Home”
BUYERS ARE FINDING MORE SPACE IN THE LUXURY HOME MARKET
WONDERING WHAT YOUR CHARLOTTE AREA HOME IS WORTH IN TODAY’S MARKET?
FREE Home Seller Guide: “Things To Consider When Selling Your House”
WHY SELLING YOUR HOME THIS FALL MIGHT BE YOUR BEST MOVE
THINKING OF SELLING YOUR HOME? CHECK OUT THE COLDWELL BANKER MARKETING ADVANTAGE
SEARCH ALL CHARLOTTE AREA HOMES FOR SALE
This Charlotte region luxury housing market update for October 2020 is provided by Nina Hollander and Carolinas Realty Partners with Coldwell Banker Realty, your Charlotte metro area residential real estate experts serving Charlotte area luxury home buyers and sellers for 20+ years.
If you’re considering selling or purchasing a luxury home in the Charlotte region, I’d love an opportunity to earn your business, to exceed your expectations, and to show you how:
“The Right Broker Makes All The Difference.”
Find Your Charlotte Region Luxury Dream Home