July 2020 year-to-date saw a continued and solid strengthening in the luxury housing market in the Charlotte region versus the same time frame in 2019, despite the ongoing pandemic. Home showings were up, home prices were up, inventory was down, months supply of homes were down, while closed and pending sales were up as were sale prices.
Charlotte Region’s Luxury Home Sales Activity Strengthens
Latest news on Charlotte Region’s luxury housing market and what it means for you…
Charlotte Region’s luxury housing market saw a solid strengthening July 2020 year-to-date versus the same time frame in 2019, despite the ongoing pandemic. For homes priced above $750,000, the Charlotte region saw both higher pending and closed sales, in spite of a decline of 20.8% in inventory and a drop in new listings. Days on market, both average and median, also were down year-over-year, as was the months supply of inventory.
Luxury Housing Market Snapshot: Charlotte Region July 2020 Year-To-Date
- Homes Sold: 1,023 July 2020 year-to-date, up 4.9%, versus 975 in July 2019
- Pending Sales: 1,423 July 2020, up 11.5% year-over-year, versus 1,276 in July 2019
- New Listings: down 5.2% to 1,986 July 2020 year-to-date versus 2,095 in July 2019
- Inventory of Homes: down 20.8% to 876 July 2020 year-date versus 1,106 in July 2019
- Months Supply of Homes: down 32.1% with 5.3 months supply of homes July 2020 year-to-date versus 7.8 months supply in July 2019
- Average Days on Market: 69 days in July 2020 year-to-date versus 78 days in July 2019
- Median Days on Market: 23 days in July 2020 year-to-date versus 32 days in July 2019
- Average Sale Price: up 0.9% to $1,151,535 July 2020 year-to-date versus $1,141,405 in July 2019
- Median Sale Price: up 1.2% to $975,000 July 2020 year-to-date versus $963,500 in July 2019
- Median % Of List Price Received: up 0.6% to 97% July 2020 year-to-date versus July 2019
Want to know what this would mean for your family if you decide to buy or sell a Charlotte region home?
We can help.
Call us today at 704-779-0813 or contact us here.
There’s absolutely NO OBLIGATION. A consultation with Carolinas Realty Partners is FREE.
MEDIAN SALE PRICE TRENDS FOR LUXURY HOMES IN THE CHARLOTTE REGION
THINKING OF SELLING YOUR HOME? CHECK OUT THE COLDWELL BANKER MARKETING ADVANTAGE
This Charlotte region luxury housing market update for July 2020 is provided by Nina Hollander and Carolinas Realty Partners with Coldwell Banker Realty, your Charlotte metro area residential real estate experts serving Charlotte area luxury home buyers and sellers for 20+ years.
If you’re considering selling or purchasing a home in the Charlotte region, I’d love an opportunity to earn your business, to exceed your expectations, and to show you how:
Find Your Charlotte Region Luxury Dream Home