December 2020 saw a continued strengthening in the luxury homes market in the Charlotte region versus December 2019, despite the ongoing pandemic. Inventory and months supply of luxury homes were significantly down, as were average and median days on market. Pending and closed sales were up significantly year-over-year.
Charlotte Region’s Luxury Home Sales Activity Remains Strong
Latest news on Charlotte Region’s luxury housing market and what it means for you…
Charlotte Region’s luxury homes real estate market continued to strengthen in December 2020 compared with December 2019, despite the ongoing pandemic. For homes priced above $750,000, the Charlotte region saw both higher pending and closed sales, in spite of a 33.2% decline in inventory. Days on market, both average and median, also were down year-over-year, as was the months supply of inventory. Luxury home sellers continued to see a higher sale price as a percent of listing price, as well.
Luxury Housing Market Snapshot: Charlotte Region December 2020:
- Homes Sold: 228 in December 2020, up 75.4%, versus 130 in December 2019
- Pending Sales: 132 in December 2020, up 67.1% versus 79 in December 2019
- New Listings: up 32.3% to 131 in December 2020 versus 99 in December 2019
- Inventory of Homes: down 33.2% to 516 in December 2020 versus 772 in December 2019
- Months Supply of Homes: down 46.8% with 2.5 months supply of homes in December 2020 versus 4.7 months supply in December 2019
- Average Days on Market: 51 days in December 2020 versus 72 days in December 2019
- Median Days on Market: 23 days in December 2020 versus 34 days in December 2019
- Average Sale Price: up 15.4% to $1,243,237 in December 2020 versus $1,077,229 in December 2019
- Median Sale Price: up 12.8% to $1,037,722 in December 2020 versus $925,000 in December 2019
- Median % Of List Price Received: up 1.5% to 97.5% in December 2020 versus 96.1% in December 2019
Want to know what this would mean for your family if you decide to buy or sell a Charlotte region luxury home?
We can help.
Call us today at 704-779-0813 or contact us here.
There’s absolutely NO OBLIGATION. A consultation with Carolinas Realty Partners is FREE.
MEDIAN SALE PRICE TRENDS FOR LUXURY HOMES IN THE CHARLOTTE REGION
LOOKING FOR YOUR LUXURY DREAM HOME IN THE CHARLOTTE AREA?
FREE Home Buyer Guide: “Things To Consider When Buying A Home”
BUYERS ARE FINDING MORE SPACE IN THE LUXURY HOME MARKET
WONDERING WHAT YOUR CHARLOTTE AREA HOME IS WORTH IN TODAY’S MARKET?
FREE Home Seller Guide: “Things To Consider When Selling Your House”
THINKING OF SELLING YOUR HOME? CHECK OUT THE COLDWELL BANKER MARKETING ADVANTAGE
SEARCH ALL CHARLOTTE AREA HOMES FOR SALE
This Charlotte region luxury housing market update for December 2020 is provided by Nina Hollander and Carolinas Realty Partners with Coldwell Banker Realty, your Charlotte metro area residential real estate experts serving Charlotte area luxury home buyers and sellers for 20+ years.
If you’re considering selling or purchasing a luxury home in the Charlotte region, I’d love an opportunity to earn your business, to exceed your expectations, and to show you how:
“The Right Broker Makes All The Difference.”
Find Your Charlotte Region Luxury Dream Home