Ardrey Kell High School in Charlotte’s upscale Ballantyne area once AGAIN has been ranked the #1 BEST PUBLIC HIGH SCHOOL in the Charlotte metro area by Niche.com, receiving an A+ grade overall. Ardrey Kell has been ranked in the top 2% of public high schools nationwide and #9 best public high school in the State of North Carolina.
Ardrey Kell High School Rated #1 Best Public High School In The Charlotte Metro Area | #9 In The State of North Carolina
Ardrey Kell High School in Charlotte’s Ballantyne area has once again been ranked the #1 high school out of 95 Charlotte high schools by Niche.com. It’s also been ranked #1 out of 88 as the best college prep public high school in Charlotte. The school received an A+ for its overall grade as well as for academics and college prep and was ranked 375 out of the 18,841 best public high schools in America, putting it in the top 2% of high schools nationwide. U.S. News & World Report also recently rated Ardrey Kell High School highly, ranking it #472 (out of 17,245 schools nationally) and #12 best public high school in the State of North Carolina.
Niche.com ranked Ardrey Kell High School #8 out of 515 public high schools in North Carolina for best college prep and #351 (out of 19,314 schools nationally) for best college prep.
Ardrey Kell is a relatively new school in the Charlotte area, having opened its doors in 2006. It currently serves just under 3,000 students. Ardrey Kell is one of the three largest public high schools in North Carolina, the other two being South Mecklenburg High School and Myers Park High School, also in Charlotte.
Since 2006, Ardrey Kell High School has been name a North Carolina Honor School of Excellence several times 92% of AKHS students scored at or above grade level on year-end testing in the 2018 academic year and the average graduation rate is 98%. For a more complete profile of Ardrey Kell High School, click here.
Why Is Charlotte’s Ballantyne Area In Such Demand?
In addition to the award-winning public schools in the Ballantyne area, which include #1 rated, Ardrey Kell High School, the Ballantyne area of south Charlotte in North Carolina was named by Redfin as one of the THREE HOTTEST NEIGHBORHOODS FOR 2017 in Charlotte. Charlotte’s upscale, affluent and popular Ballantyne area, is a master planned community allowing residents to live, work, and play without leaving the area.
Centered around the 4.5-million square foot Ballantyne Corporate Park, Ballantyne has experienced meteoric growth in the past 20 years. The 28277 zip code, which includes Ballantyne, has consistently been one of the moved “moved-to” zip codes, not just in Charlotte area, but in the nation. Recent population statistics show that the 28277 area is home to approximately 64,394 residents. The growth in this zip code area is 50% faster than Charlotte’s metro area as a whole. It’s also said to be Charlotte’s wealthiest zip code.
Great reasons to live in Ballantyne:
- Top-rated, award-winning public schools. But it’s also in easy commuting distance to some of Charlotte’s top private schools and the British International School of Charlotte is here, as well, as is the Omni Montessori School.
- Lots of dining options from lower priced restaurants to high end restaurants.
- Great shopping (retail therapy galore!). There’s Blakeney Shopping Center, Stonecrest Shopping Center, Ballantyne Village, Tader Joe’s, and so much more.
- Proximity to numerous private and public golf courses and the Dana Rader Golf School.
- Ballantyne is home to Charlotte’s only 4-Star, AAA 4-Diamond hotel: Ballantyne Resort and Lodge, which also includes a public golf course and the fabulous Ballantyne spa.
- It’s home to the Ballantyne Corporate Park set on some 500 acres, home to hundreds of companies and thousands of jobs and is one of the largest such corporate parks in the nation. It’s also home to 16 miles of walking paths.
- Ballantyne District Park, which offers 90+ acres of trails, a soccer field, softball/baseball fields, and more.
- Ballantyne’s location provides easy access to Uptown Charlotte, Charlotte Douglas International Airport, and South Park.
- You can even go fishing in Ballantyne at Cullman Pond, Kid Pond, 17th Hole Pond, and Hawkins Pond are available for fishing from dawn until dusk in Ballantyne Corporate Park.
- If you love movies… there are the Ballantyne Village Theatre and Regal Cinemas at Stonecrest inside Ballantyne and the AMC Carolina Pavilion 22 that is no more than 10 minutes or so away.
- Lots of great housing options in Ballantyne from country club communities to town homes and condos to million dollar mansions to mid-range priced homes to new construction. Truly there’s something for most every one’s taste and budget when it comes to housing.
Median Home Sale Prices In Ballantyne (28277) Since 2014
This Charlotte, North Carolina update for Ballantyne and Ardrey Kell High School is brought to you by Nina Hollander and Carolinas Realty Partners, Coldwell Banker, your Charlotte metro area real estate consultants and Ballantyne area neighbors and specialists, opening doors for Ballantyne home buyers and sellers for 20+ years.
If you’re considering selling or purchasing a home in the Charlotte metro area, I would love an opportunity to earn your business, exceed your expectations, and to prove to you that: