Waxhaw housing market update and video for June 2019. The Waxhaw area of the Charlotte, North Carolina metro area (the 28173 zip code–encompassing the three towns of Waxhaw, Marvin and Weddington) continued to see tight inventory (dropping 26.1% year-over-year) and a continued decrease (down 9.3%) in new listings year-over-year. With continued tight inventory and fewer new listings, Waxhaw area remains a seller’s market. Lack of inventory is putting a strain on closed sales.
Video Update: Waxhaw Housing Market: June 2019
Waxhaw, NC Still A Seller’s Market in June 2019
- Average sale price of Waxhaw area homes decreased in June 2019 by 8.4% to just under $445,000 compared with the same period one year ago.
- Median sale price for Waxhaw area homes in June 2019 decreased 14.8% versus one year ago to $360,000.
- Average days on market for property listings in Waxhaw area were 51 days in June 2019 — up 4 days year-over-year, but down 6 days month-over-month.
- Median days on market were 18 days in June 2019 — down 1 day compared with one year ago.
- Average price per square foot for Waxhaw area homes decreased by $1 per square foot to $133/square foot in June 2019 versus the same period in 2018,
- Pending sales in Waxhaw area increased 16.2% in June 2019 versus the same month last year.
- Closed sales in Waxhaw area decreased 10.9% in June 2019 compared with the same month one year ago.
- New listings in Waxhaw area decreased 9.3% in June 2019 versus June 2018.
- Months supply of inventory stood at 2.7 months, down 32.5% versus June 2018. While resale inventory was down in June 2019 by 22.5% compared with June 2018, new construction inventory decreased 51.4%.
- Percent of original list price sellers received for their homes was 98.1%, providing little negotiating room in the 28173 zip code for homes in Waxhaw, Weddington, and Marvin.
13 Hot Neighborhoods In Waxhaw Area
Wondering what the hot neighborhoods in Waxhaw/Weddington/Marvin are? Click on the picture below to discover the 13 hottest neighborhoods to be watching in the 28173 zip code.
Find Your Waxhaw Area Dream Home
And don’t miss out on the newest home listings in Waxhaw/Weddington/Marvin. Sign up to receive email notification of homes as soon as they come on the market. You can customize your search to your specific needs and always be the first to know what’s coming on the market in the Waxhaw area.
What’s Your Waxhaw Area Home Worth?
Wondering what your Waxhaw/Weddington/Marvin home is worth in today’s market? Find out by clicking on the picture below.
If you’re thinking about selling your Waxhaw area home, let’s get together and discuss the supply conditions in the Waxhaw/Weddington/Marvin neighborhoods and how we can assist you in gaining access to buyers who area ready, willing, and able to buy now.
Contact us if you’d like to receive our Neighborhood Analyzer Report on a monthly basis so you can keep track of home sales activity in your neighborhood.
We’re happy to provide this information with no obligation on your part.
Previous Housing Market Updates For Waxhaw Area
Buying Or Selling A Home In The Waxhaw Area…
… The Right Broker Makes All The Difference!
This Charlotte, North Carolina real estate monthly update for Waxhaw is brought to you by Nina Hollander and Carolinas Realty Partners with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, your Waxhaw/Weddington/Marvin specialists and Charlotte metro area residential real estate experts. We’ve been opening doors for Waxhaw, Weddington, and Marvin home buyers and sellers for 20+ years.
If you’re considering selling or purchasing a home in the Waxhaw/28173 zip code area, I’d love an opportunity to earn your business, exceed your expectations, and to show you how:
Search Waxhaw/Weddington/Mavin Homes For Sale
- Video Update: Waxhaw Housing Market: June 2019
- Waxhaw, NC Still A Seller's Market in June 2019
- 13 Hot Neighborhoods In Waxhaw Area
- Find Your Waxhaw Area Dream Home
- What's Your Waxhaw Area Home Worth?
- Previous Housing Market Updates For Waxhaw Area
- Buying Or Selling A Home In The Waxhaw Area...
- Search Waxhaw/Weddington/Mavin Homes For Sale