Waxhaw (28173 zip code) real estate report/snapshot: September 2019. The Waxhaw area of the Charlotte, North Carolina metro area (the 28173 zip code–encompassing the three towns of Waxhaw, Marvin and Weddington) continued to see tight inventory (dropping 21.9% year-over-year) despite an increase (+16.4%) in new listings year-over-year. With continued tight inventory and decreasing days on market, Waxhaw homes are selling quickly and the area remains a seller’s market. Lack of inventory has driven up average home prices — +5.1% year-over-year, while median home sale prices increased 5.7% year-over-year. The months supply of homes dropped 25% in September versus the same month last year and resale home inventory is low at 2.4 months.
Waxhaw Housing Market Snapshot: September 2019
- Average sale price of Waxhaw area homes increased in September 2019 by 5.1% to just over $442,000 compared with the same period one year ago.
- Median sale prices for Waxhaw area homes in September 2019 increased 5.7% versus one year ago to just under $409,000.
- Average days on market for property listings in Waxhaw area were 43 days in September 2019 — down 21 days year-over-year and down 4 days month-over-month.
- Median days on market were 12 days in September 2019 — down 18 days compared with one year ago and down 9 days month-over-month.
- Average price per square foot for Waxhaw area homes increased $3 per square foot to $136/square foot in September 2019 versus the same period in 2018,
- Pending sales in Waxhaw area increased 23.9% in September 2019 versus the same month last year.
- Closed sales in Waxhaw area increased 28.9% in September 2019 compared with the same month one year ago.
- New listings in Waxhaw area increased 16.4% in September 2019 versus September 2018.
- Months supply of inventory was 3.6 months, down 25% versus September 2018. Resale inventory was down in September 2019 23% compared with September 2018, while new construction inventory decreased 42.2%. Months supply of inventory for resale homes was just 2.4% in September.
- Percent of original list price sellers received for their homes was 98,2%, providing relatively little negotiating room in the 28173 zip code for homes in Waxhaw, Weddington, and Marvin in September 2019.
How The Waxhaw | Weddington | Marving Housing Markets Performed In
September 2019 versus September 2018
13 Hot Neighborhoods In Waxhaw Area
Wondering what the hot neighborhoods in Waxhaw/Weddington/Marvin are? Click on the picture below to discover the 13 hottest neighborhoods to be watching in the 28173 zip code.
Find Your Waxhaw Area Dream Home
It’s easy to find your dream home in the Waxhaw area at GreatHomesInCharlotte.com. You can search for all homes for sale in the 28173 zip code for sale here at: www.GreatHomesInCharlotte.com.
And don’t miss out on the newest home listings in Waxhaw/Weddington/Marvin. Sign up to receive email notification of homes as soon as they come on the market. You can customize your search to your specific needs and always be the first to know what’s coming on the market in the Waxhaw area.
Get your FREE Fall 2019 Home Buyer’s Guide: “Things To Consider When Buying A Home” here.
What’s Your Waxhaw Area Home Worth?
Wondering what your Waxhaw/Weddington/Marvin home is worth in today’s market? Find out by clicking on the picture below.
If you’re thinking about selling your Waxhaw area home, let’s get together and discuss the supply conditions in the Waxhaw/Weddington/Marvin neighborhoods and how we can assist you in gaining access to buyers who area ready, willing, and able to buy now.
Contact us if you’d like to receive our Neighborhood Analyzer Report on a monthly basis so you can keep track of home sales activity in your neighborhood.
We’re happy to provide an expert home value analysis with no obligation on your part.
Get your FREE Fall 2019 Home Sellers Guide: “Things To Consider When Selling Your House” here.
Previous Housing Market Updates For Waxhaw Area
Waxhaw/Weddington/Marvin Housing Market Update: August 2019
Waxhaw/Weddington/Marvin Housing Market Update: July 2019
Waxhaw/Weddington/Marvin Housing Market Update: June 2019
Waxhaw/Weddington/Marvin Housing Market Update: May 2019
Waxhaw/Weddington/Marvin Housing Market Update: April 2019
Waxhaw/Weddington/Marvin Housing Market Update: March 2019
Waxhaw/Weddington/Marvin Housing Market Update: February 2019
Waxhaw/Weddington/Marvin Housing Market Update: January 2019
Waxhaw/Weddington/Marvin Housing Market Update: December 2018
Waxhaw/Weddington/Marvin Housing Market Update: November 2018
Waxhaw/Weddington/Marvin Housing Market Update: October 2018
Waxhaw/Weddington/Marvin Housing Market Update: September 2018
Waxhaw/Weddington/Marvin Housing Market Update: August 2018
Waxhaw/Weddington/Marvin Housing Market Update: July 2018
Buying Or Selling A Home In The Waxhaw Area…
… The Right Broker Makes All The Difference!
This Charlotte, North Carolina real estate monthly update for Waxhaw is provided by Nina Hollander and Carolinas Realty Partners with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, your Waxhaw/Weddington/Marvin specialists and Charlotte metro area residential real estate experts. We’ve been opening doors for Waxhaw, Weddington, and Marvin home buyers and sellers for 20+ years.
If you’re considering selling or purchasing a home in the Waxhaw/28173 zip code area, I’d love an opportunity to earn your business, exceed your expectations, and to show you how:
“The Right Broker Makes All The Difference.”
Search Waxhaw/Weddington/Mavin Homes For Sale