Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek housing update for March 2019. Charlotte, North Carolina’s Southwest/Steele Creek area (28273 and 28278 zip codes) remain fundamentally seller markets with tight inventory, new listings decreasing, and homes selling at a higher price per square foot. The Steele Creek area (28273) had less than one month of inventory in March (down 29.8% year-over-year) and saw a decrease in new listings of 34% year-over-year. Clearly, this impacts closed and pending sales negatively.
Video Update For The SW Charlotte/Steele Creek Housing Market: March 2019
Southwest Charlotte Remained A Seller’s Market in March 2019
- Average sale price of SW Charlotte homes increased 4% in the 28273 zip code to $226,217 in March 2019. In the 28278 zip code sale prices decreased slightly by 0.2% to $362,662 compared with the same time frame one year ago.
- Median sale price decreased in the 28273 zip code by 1.4% to $215,000 and decreased 3% to $325,000 in the 28278 zip code.
- Average days on market for property listings in March 2019 were 25 days (+9 days) in the 28273 zip code. However, the average days on market were down 36 days from February 2019. In the 28278 zip code average days on market were 71 days (+10 days) compared with March 2018.
- Median days on market were flat at 5 days in the 28273 zip code in March 2019, but down 17 days from February 2019. Median days on market in the 28278 zip code were 47.
- Average price per square foot increased to $126/square foot (a $12 per square foot increase) in March 2019 versus the same period in 2018 in the 28273 zip code. In the 28278 zip code average price per square foot increased to $132/square foot versus one year ago (an $8 per square foot increase year-over-year).
- Pending sales were down 4.8% in the 28273 zip code and down 17% in the 28278 zip code in March 2019 versus the same month last year.
- Year-over-year, closed sales were down 17.1% in the 28273 zip code and down 6.5% in the 28278 zip code in March 2019 compared with the same month one year ago.
- The median percent of original list price that sellers received for their homes was 99.4% in the 28273 zip code and 97.2% in the 28278 zip code, showing relatively little negotiating room for homes in southwest Charlotte, North Carolina in March 2019.
- New listings in March 2019 decreased 34% in the 28273 zip code and decreased 10.7% in the 28278 zip code versus March 2018.
- Inventory was down 29.8% in the 28273 zip code compared with one year ago. In the 28278 zip code, inventory increased 6.4% year-over-year in March 2019.
- Southwest Charlotte’s months supply of homes in the 28273 zip code was less than one month at 0.9 months was 3.6 months in the 28278 zip code. The 28273 and 28278 zip codes in southwest Charlotte very much remain a seller’s market, especially in Steele Creek in the 28273 zip code.
It remains a seller’s market in the 28273 and 28278 zip codes and a competitive environment for home buyers in Southwest Charlotte, North Carolina.
Southwest Charlotte Hot Neighborhoods To Watch
Wondering what the hot Southwest/Steele Creek neighborhoods in Charlotte are? Click on the picture below to discover the 13 hottest neighborhoods to be watching in the 28273 and 28278 zip codes.
Find Your Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek Dream Home
It’s easy to find your dream home in Southwest Charlotte and Steele Creek at GreatHomesInCharlotte.com. You can search for all homes for sale in the 28173 zip code for sale here at: www.GreatHomesInCharlotte.com.
And don’t miss out on the newest home listings in Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek. Sign up to receive email notification of homes as soon as they come on the market. You can customize your search to your specific needs and always be the first to know what’s coming on the market in southwest Charlotte.
Find Out What Your Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek Home Is Worth
Wondering what your Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek home is worth in today’s market? Find out by clicking on the picture below.
If you’re thinking about selling your Southwest Charlotte area home, let’s get together and discuss the supply conditions in the 28273 and 28278 zip code neighborhoods and how we can assist you in gaining access to buyers who area ready, willing, and able to buy now.
Contact us if you’d like to receive our Neighborhood Analyzer Report on a monthly basis so you can keep track of home sales activity in your neighborhood.
We’re happy to provide this information with no obligation on your part.
Previous Housing Market Updates For Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek
Buying Or Selling A Home In Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek…
… The Right Broker Makes All The Difference!
This Charlotte, North Carolina real estate monthly update for Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek is brought to you by Nina Hollander and Carolinas Realty Partners with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, your Southwest Charlotte area specialists and Charlotte metro area residential real estate experts. We’ve been opening doors for home buyers and sellers in Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek for 20+ years.
If you’re considering selling or purchasing a home in the 28278/28273 zip codes, I’d love an opportunity to earn your business, exceed your expectations, and to show you how:
Search Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek Homes For Sale
- Video Update For The SW Charlotte/Steele Creek Housing Market: March 2019
- Southwest Charlotte Remained A Seller's Market in March 2019
- Southwest Charlotte Hot Neighborhoods To Watch
- Find Your Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek Dream Home
- Find Out What Your Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek Home Is Worth
- Previous Housing Market Updates For Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek
- Buying Or Selling A Home In Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek...
- Search Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek Homes For Sale