Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek housing update for January 2019. Charlotte, North Carolina’s southwest/Steele Creek area (28273 and 28278 zip codes) continued trends we’ve seen all year. Home prices increased in January 2019 (both by double digits). In spite of an increase in new listings, inventory remained low, especially in affordable homes, and particularly in the 28273 zip code, which had less than a one month supply of homes for sale. Homes continue to sell quickly, as well.
Video Update For The SW Charlotte/Steele Creek Housing Market: January 2019
Southwest Charlotte Remained A Seller’s Market in January 2019
- Average sale price of SW Charlotte homes increased in the 28273 zip code by 11.9% to just under $230,000. In the 28278 zip code sale prices increased by 20% to just under $398,000 compared with the same time frame one year ago.
- Median sale price increased in both the southwest Charlotte zip codes in January 2019. In the 28273 zip code up by 5.8% to $222,223 and up by 4.7% to $334,500 in the 28278 zip code.
- Average days on market for property listings in January 2019 were 30 days (+6 days) in the 28273 zip code and 69 days (down 26 days) in the 28278 zip code compared with January 2018.
- Median days on market were 11 days (+1 day) in the 28273 zip code and 21 days (down 61 days) in the 28278 zip code in January 2019.
- Average price per square foot increased by 9.7% to $124/square foot (an $11 per square foot increase) in January 2019 versus the same period in 2018 in the 28273 zip code. In the 28278 zip code average price per square foot increased 9.6% to $137/square foot versus one year ago (a $12 per square foot increase year-over-year).
- Pending sales were up 26.9% in the 28273 zip code and up 42.6% in the 28278 zip code in January 2019 versus the same month last year.
- Year-over-year, closed sales were up 36.8% in the 28273 zip code and down 32.8% in the 28278 zip code.
- The median percent of original list price that sellers received for their homes was 98.3% in the 28273 zip code and 96.6% in the 28278 zip code, showing relatively little negotiating room for homes in southwest Charlotte, North Carolina in January 2019.
- New listings decreased 24.5% in the 28273 zip code and increased 45.6% in the 28278 zip code versus January 2018.
- Inventory was down 18.4% in the 28273 zip code compared with one year ago, which no doubt helped increase pending and closed sales in January 2019. In the 28278 zip code, inventory increased 5.5% in January 2019 year-over-year.
- Southwest Charlotte’s months supply of homes in the 28273 zip code stood at 0.9 months and at 3.4 months in the 28278 zip code. The 28273 and 28278 zip codes in southwest Charlotte very much remain a seller’s market, especially in Steele Creek in the 28273 zip code.
It remains a seller’s market in the 28273 and 28278 zip codes and a competitive environment for home buyers in Southwest Charlotte, North Carolina.
Southwest Charlotte Hot Neighborhoods To Watch
Wondering what the hot Southwest/Steele Creek neighborhoods in Charlotte are? Click on the picture below to discover the 13 hottest neighborhoods to be watching in the 28273 and 28278 zip codes.
Find Your Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek Dream Home
It’s easy to find your dream home in Southwest Charlotte and Steele Creek at GreatHomesInCharlotte.com. You can search for all homes for sale in the 28173 zip code for sale here at: www.GreatHomesInCharlotte.com.
And don’t miss out on the newest home listings in Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek. Sign up to receive email notification of homes as soon as they come on the market. You can customize your search to your specific needs and always be the first to know what’s coming on the market in southwest Charlotte.
Find Out What Your Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek Home Is Worth
Wondering what your Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek home is worth in today’s market? Find out by clicking on the picture below.
If you’re thinking about selling your Southwest Charlotte area home, let’s get together and discuss the supply conditions in the 28273 and 28278 zip code neighborhoods and how we can assist you in gaining access to buyers who area ready, willing, and able to buy now.
Contact us if you’d like to receive our Neighborhood Analyzer Report on a monthly basis so you can keep track of home sales activity in your neighborhood.
We’re happy to provide this information with no obligation on your part.
Previous Housing Market Updates For Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek
Buying Or Selling A Home In Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek…
… The Right Broker Makes All The Difference!
This Charlotte, North Carolina real estate monthly update for Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek is brought to you by Nina Hollander and Carolinas Realty Partners with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, your Southwest Charlotte area specialists and Charlotte metro area residential real estate experts. We’ve been opening doors for home buyers and sellers in Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek for 20+ years.
If you’re considering selling or purchasing a home in the 28278/28273 zip codes, I’d love an opportunity to earn your business, exceed your expectations, and to show you how:
- Video Update For The SW Charlotte/Steele Creek Housing Market: January 2019
- Southwest Charlotte Remained A Seller's Market in January 2019
- Southwest Charlotte Hot Neighborhoods To Watch
- Find Your Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek Dream Home
- Find Out What Your Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek Home Is Worth
- Previous Housing Market Updates For Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek
- Buying Or Selling A Home In Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek...