Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek housing update for April 2019. Charlotte, North Carolina’s Southwest/Steele Creek areas (28273 and 28278 zip codes) remain fundamentally seller markets with tight inventory and homes selling at higher prices. The Steele Creek area (28273) had just 1.4 months of inventory in April. Fortunately, both areas had an increase in new listings in April. But little room for buyers to negotiate with 28273 zip code sellers receiving 100% of their ask price and 28278 zip code sellers receiving 98.5%.
Video Update For The SW Charlotte/Steele Creek Housing Market: April 2019
Southwest Charlotte A Seller’s Market in April 2019
- Average sale price of SW Charlotte homes increased 6.8% in the 28273 zip code to $226,637 in April 2019. In the 28278 zip code sale prices increased 2.7% to $357,613 compared with the same time frame one year ago.
- Median sale price increased in the 28273 zip code by 3% to $222,000 and decreased 3% to $312,500 in the 28278 zip code in April 2019 versus April 2018.
- Average days on market for property listings in April 2019 were 18 days (+5 days compared with April 2018) in the 28273 zip code. However, the average days on market were down 7 days from March 2019. In the 28278 zip code average days on market were 51 (flat compared with April 2019), but down 20 days compared with March 2019.
- Median days on market were 7 days in the 28273 zip code in April 2019, up 3 days versus April 2018. Median days on market in the 28278 zip code were 18 (up 7 days compared with April 2018), but down 29 days compared with the previous month of March 2019.
- Average price per square foot increased to $123/square foot (an $11 per square foot increase) in April 2019 versus the same period in 2018 in the 28273 zip code. In the 28278 zip code average price per square foot increased to $136/square foot versus one year ago (a $12 per square foot increase year-over-year).
- Pending sales were down 13.8% in the 28273 zip code and up 24.1% in the 28278 zip code in April 2019 versus the same month last year.
- Year-over-year, closed sales were flat in the 28273 zip code and down 31.1% in the 28278 zip code in April 2019 compared with the same month one year ago. This was not surprising given that in March new listings decreased 34% in the 28273 zip code and 10.7% in the 28278 zip code.
- The median percent of original list price that sellers received for their homes was 100% in the 28273 zip code and 98.5% in the 28278 zip code, showing little to no negotiating room for homes in southwest Charlotte, North Carolina in April 2019.
- New listings in April 2019 increased 21.3% in the 28273 zip code and increased 25.3% in the 28278 zip code versus April 2018.
- Inventory was down 1.4% in the 28273 zip code compared with one year ago. In the 28278 zip code, inventory increased 7.2% year-over-year in April 2019.
- Southwest Charlotte’s months supply of homes in the 28273 zip code was 1.4 months and 3.1 months in the 28278 zip code. The 28273 and 28278 zip codes in southwest Charlotte very much remain a seller’s market, especially in Steele Creek in the 28273 zip code.
It remains a seller’s market in the 28273 and 28278 zip codes and a competitive environment for home buyers in Southwest Charlotte, North Carolina.
Southwest Charlotte Hot Neighborhoods
Wondering what the hot Southwest/Steele Creek neighborhoods in Charlotte are? Click on the picture below to discover the 13 hottest neighborhoods to be watching in the 28273 and 28278 zip codes.
Find Your Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek Dream Home
It’s easy to find your dream home in Southwest Charlotte and Steele Creek at GreatHomesInCharlotte.com. You can search for all homes for sale in the 28173 zip code for sale here at: www.GreatHomesInCharlotte.com.
And don’t miss out on the newest home listings in Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek. Sign up to receive email notification of homes as soon as they come on the market. You can customize your search to your specific needs and always be the first to know what’s coming on the market in southwest Charlotte.
What’s Your Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek Home Worth
Wondering what your Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek home is worth in today’s market? Find out by clicking on the picture below.
If you’re thinking about selling your Southwest Charlotte area home, let’s get together and discuss the supply conditions in the 28273 and 28278 zip code neighborhoods and how we can assist you in gaining access to buyers who area ready, willing, and able to buy now.
Contact us if you’d like to receive our Neighborhood Analyzer Report on a monthly basis so you can keep track of home sales activity in your neighborhood.
We’re happy to provide this information with no obligation on your part.
Previous Housing Market Updates For Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek
Buying Or Selling A Home In Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek…
… The Right Broker Makes All The Difference!
This Charlotte, North Carolina real estate monthly update for Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek is brought to you by Nina Hollander and Carolinas Realty Partners with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, your Southwest Charlotte area specialists and Charlotte metro area residential real estate experts. We’ve been opening doors for home buyers and sellers in Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek for 20+ years.
If you’re considering selling or purchasing a home in the 28278/28273 zip codes, I’d love an opportunity to earn your business, exceed your expectations, and to show you how:
Search Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek Homes For Sale
- Video Update For The SW Charlotte/Steele Creek Housing Market: April 2019
- Southwest Charlotte A Seller's Market in April 2019
- Southwest Charlotte Hot Neighborhoods
- Find Your Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek Dream Home
- What's Your Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek Home Worth
- Previous Housing Market Updates For Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek
- Buying Or Selling A Home In Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek...
- Search Southwest Charlotte/Steele Creek Homes For Sale