Matthews (28105 zip code) real estate report/snapshot for July 2019. Matthews remained a seller’s market in July 2019 with the months supply of inventory remaining low at 2.3 months. Inventory was up slightly by 2.3%, but new listings increased 13.2% in July, no doubt contributing to increases in closed and pending sales and reversing the trend of the prior month of June. Average sale prices of homes increased (5.7%) year-over-year. Median prices also increased 4.3% versus July 2018. Although, days on market increased in July 2019, homes are still selling quickly — in under 30 days on average and with median days on market at 12 days. With homes selling at 98.1% of asking price, buyers have minimal room to negotiate.
Matthews, NC Housing Market Snapshot: July 2019
- Average sale price of Matthews area homes was $327,408 in July 2019, up 5.7% year-over-year.
- Median sale price for Matthews area homes in July 2019 increased 4.3% versus one year ago to $292,000.
- Average days on market for property listings in Matthews during July 2019 were 23 days, up 4 days over July 2018, but down 6 days month-over-month.
- Median days on market were 12 days in July 2019, up 6 days compared with one year ago. Nonetheless, homes are selling quickly in the Matthews area… in just about 3 weeks on average, and less than 2 weeks on a median basis.
- Average price per square foot was $138/square foot (up 3%) in July 2019 versus the same period in 2018.
- Pending sales in Matthews increased 1.7% in July 2019 versus the same month last year reversing the trend of the prior month.
- Closed sales in Matthews decreased 6.8% in July 2019 compared with the same month one year ago, again reversing the trend of the prior month.
- New listings in Matthews decreased 13.2% versus July 2018, no doubt contributing to the increase in closed and pending sales in July 2019.
- Months supply of inventory was 2.3 months, keeping Matthews a seller’s market overall in July 2019.
- Median percent of original list price that sellers received for their homes was 98.1%. Very little room for buyers to negotiate in the Matthews/28105 zip code in July.
Matthews Area Hot Neighborhoods To Watch
Wondering what the hot neighborhoods in Matthews are? Click on the picture below to discover the 5 hottest neighborhoods to be watching in the Matthews, North Carolina area. Find out why Matthews is ranked one of America’s Top 100 Small Cities To Live In.
Find Your Matthews Area Dream Home
It’s easy to find your dream home in the Matthews area at GreatHomesInCharlotte.com. You can search for all homes for sale in the 28105 zip code for sale here at: www.GreatHomesInCharlotte.com.
And don’t miss out on the newest home listings in the Matthews area. Sign up to receive email notification of homes as soon as they come on the market. You can customize your search to your specific needs and always be the first to know what’s coming on the market.
Get your FREE Summer 2019 Home Buyer’s Guide: “Things To Consider When Buying A Home” here.
What’s Your Matthews Area Home Worth?
Wondering what your Matthews, NC area home is worth in today’s market? Find out by clicking on the picture below.
If you’re thinking about selling your Matthews home, let’s get together and discuss the supply conditions in Matthews and how we can assist you in gaining access to buyers who area ready, willing, and able to buy now.
Contact us if you’d like to receive our Neighborhood Analyzer Report on a monthly basis so you can keep track of home sales activity in your neighborhood.
We’re happy to provide this information with no obligation on your part.
Get your FREE Summer 2019 Home Seller’s Guide: “Things To Consider When Selling Your House” here.
Previous Housing Market Updates For Matthews
Buying Or Selling A Home In Matthews….
… The Right Broker Makes All The Difference!
This Charlotte, North Carolina real estate monthly update for Matthews is brought to you by Nina Hollander and Carolinas Realty Partners with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, your Matthews area specialists and Charlotte metro area residential real estate experts. We’ve been opening doors for Matthews home buyers and sellers for 20+ years.
If you’re considering selling or purchasing a home in the Matthews, North Carolina area, I’d love an opportunity to earn your business, exceed your expectations, and to show you how:
“The Right Broker Makes All The Difference.”
Matthews, NC Homes For Sale