Matthews (28105 zip code) real estate report/snapshot for August 2019. Matthews remained a seller’s market in August 2019 with the months supply of inventory remaining low at 2.2 months. Inventory was down 13.2% despite an increase in new listings of 12.5% in August, no doubt contributing to increases in closed and pending sales. Average sale prices of homes increased 3.2% year-over-year. Days on market remained flat in August 2019 versus August 2018. Matthews homes continue to sell quickly — in 34 days on average and with median days on market at 9 days. With homes selling at 97.9% of asking price, buyers have minimal room to negotiate.
Matthews, NC Housing Market Snapshot: August 2019
- Average sale price of Matthews area homes was $321,954 in August 2019, up 3.2% year-over-year.
- Median sale price for Matthews area homes in August 2019 decreased 4.2% versus one year ago to $282,500.
- Average days on market for property listings in Matthews during August 2019 were 34 days, flat compared with August 2018
- Median days on market were 9 days in August 2019, down 1 day compared with one year ago and down 3 days month-over-month.
- Average price per square foot was $143/square foot (up $9/square foot) in August 2019 versus the same period in 2018.
- Pending sales in Matthews increased 45.2% in August 2019 versus the same month last year.
- Closed sales in Matthews increased 1.6% in August 2019 compared with the same month one year ago.
- New listings in Matthews increased 12.5% versus August 2018, no doubt contributing to the increase in closed and pending sales in August 2019.
- Months supply of inventory was 2.2 months (down 12% year-over-year), keeping Matthews a seller’s market overall in August 2019.
- Median percent of original list price that sellers received for their homes was 97.9%. Very little room for buyers to negotiate in the Matthews/28105 zip code in July.
How The Matthews Housing Market Performed In
August 2019 versus August 2018
Matthews Area Hot Neighborhoods To Watch
Wondering what the hot neighborhoods in Matthews are? Click on the picture below to discover the 5 hottest neighborhoods to be watching in the Matthews, North Carolina area. Find out why Matthews is ranked one of America’s Top 100 Small Cities To Live In.
Find Your Matthews Area Dream Home
And don’t miss out on the newest home listings in the Matthews area. Sign up to receive email notification of homes as soon as they come on the market. You can customize your search to your specific needs and always be the first to know what’s coming on the market.
What’s Your Matthews Area Home Worth?
Wondering what your Matthews, NC area home is worth in today’s market? Find out by clicking on the picture below.
If you’re thinking about selling your Matthews home, let’s get together and discuss the supply conditions in Matthews and how we can assist you in gaining access to buyers who area ready, willing, and able to buy now.
Contact us if you’d like to receive our Neighborhood Analyzer Report on a monthly basis so you can keep track of home sales activity in your neighborhood.
We’re happy to provide this information with no obligation on your part.
Previous Housing Market Updates For Matthews
Buying Or Selling A Home In Matthews….
… The Right Broker Makes All The Difference!
This Charlotte, North Carolina real estate monthly update for Matthews is brought to you by Nina Hollander and Carolinas Realty Partners with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, your Matthews area specialists and Charlotte metro area residential real estate experts. We’ve been opening doors for Matthews home buyers and sellers for 20+ years.
If you’re considering selling or purchasing a home in the Matthews, North Carolina area, I’d love an opportunity to earn your business, exceed your expectations, and to show you how:
Matthews, NC Homes For Sale