Matthews, NC housing market information updated for October 2018. Home sales in Matthews, North Carolina (28105 zip code) saw home sale prices continuing to increase, while average days on market stayed flat. Market inventory remains tight, dropping by 2.1% and with just 2.3 months of inventory.
Matthews, NC Remains A Home Seller’s Market
Matthews, NC Housing Market Update/Video: Otober 2018
October 2018 home sales in Matthews, North Carolina (28105 zip code) saw home sale prices continuing to increase and average days on market staying flat, although median days on market were down by 6 days. Market inventory remains tight and was down 2.1% in October compared with the same period last year. Closed sales were down substantially in October, primarily attributable to lower inventory despite an increase in new listings during the month also attributable to higher home prices and interest rates.
- Average sale price of Matthews homes increased by 3.2% to just over $291,000 as compared with the same period one year ago. The median sale price of homes also increased by 3.9% versus October 2017.
- Average days on market for property listings were 38 days, essentially flat versus October 2017. Median days on market were 16 days in October 2018, down 6 days versus one year ago. In other words, homes continue to sell quickly.
- Average price per square foot increased by 6.7% to $127/square foot in October 2018 versus the same period in 2017.
- Pending sales were down 6.2% in October versus the same month last year.
- Closed sales were down 24.1%, attributable in great part to lack of inventory, especially affordable inventory, and a rise in interest rates.
- The median percent of original list price that sellers received for their homes was 98.4%, showing little negotiating room for homes in Matthews, North Carolina, despite the reduced closed sales.
- New listings increased 8.1% versus October 2017.
- Matthew area’s months supply of homes was flat at 2.3 months.
- Inventory of homes was down 2.1% year-over-year.
It continues to be a seller’s market in Matthews and the 28105 zip code and a competitive environment for affordable homes for home buyers in Matthews, North Carolina.
CHECK OUT 10 OF THE HOTTEST NEIGHBORHOODS IN THE MATTHEWS/MINT HILL AREA TO WATCH IN 2018
SEARCH ALL MATTHEWS, NC AREA HOMES FOR SALE
WONDERING WHAT YOUR MATTHEWS, NC HOME IS WORTH?
PREVIOUS MATTHEWS, NORTH CAROLINA HOUSING MARKET UPDATES
Matthews Housing Market Update: January 2018
Matthews Housing Market Update: February 2018
Matthews Housing Market Update: March 2018
Matthews Housing Market Update: April 2018
Matthews Housing Market Update: May 2018
Matthews Housing Market Update: June 2018
Matthews Housing Market Update: July 2018
Matthews Housing Market Update: August 2018
Matthews Housing Market Update: September 2018
This Charlotte, North Carolina real estate monthly update for Matthews, NC is brought to you courtesy of Nina Hollander and Carolinas Realty Partners, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, your Charlotte metro area residential real estate experts and Matthews specialists, opening doors for Matthews home buyers and sellers for 20 years.
If you’re considering selling or purchasing a home in Matthews or anywhere in the Charlotte metro area, I’d love an opportunity to earn your business, exceed your expectations, and to prove that:
“The Right Broker Makes All The Difference.”