Matthews housing report/video for June 2019. Matthews remained a seller’s market in June 2019 with the months supply of inventory at 2.1 months. Inventory was flat, but new listings were down in almost 10% in June. Lack of new listings and tight inventory contributed to decreases in closed and pending sales. Average sale prices of homes increased significantly (9.7%) year-over-year, as well as month-over-month. Median prices also increased 7.4% versus June 2018 and by approximately $30,000 month-over-month. Although, days on market increased in June 2019, homes are still selling quickly — in under 30 days on average and with median days on market at 12 days. With homes selling at 98.5% of asking price, buyers have minimal to negotiate.
Video Update Matthews Housing Market: June 2019
Matthews, NC Remained A Seller’s Market in June 2019
- Average sale price of Matthews area homes was $362,073 in June 2019, up 9.7% year-over-year and up month-over-month.
- Median sale price for Matthews area homes in June 2019 increased 7.4% versus one year ago to $328,500 and up month-over-month.
- Average days on market for property listings in Matthews during June 2019 were 29 days, up 10 days over June 2018.
- Median days on market were 12 days in June 2019, up 6 days compared with one year ago. Nonetheless, homes are selling quickly in the Matthews area.
- Average price per square foot was $146/square foot (up $11/square foot) in June 2019 versus the same period in 2018, as well as up month-over-month.
- Pending sales in Matthews decreased 4% in June 2019 versus the same month last year, due at least in part to lack of new listings and tight inventory.
- Closed sales in Matthews decreased 6.6% in June 2019 compared with the same month one year ago, again, due at least in part to tight inventory
- New listings in Matthews decreased 9.6% versus June 2018.
- Months supply of inventory was 2.1 months, keeping Matthews a seller’s market overall in June 2019.
- Median percent of original list price that sellers received for their homes was 98.5%. Very little room for buyers to negotiate in the Matthews/28105 zip code in June.
Matthews Area Hot Neighborhoods To Watch
Wondering what the hot neighborhoods in Matthews are? Click on the picture below to discover the 5 hottest neighborhoods to be watching in the Matthews, North Carolina area. Find out why Matthews is ranked one of America’s Top 100 Small Cities To Live In.
Find Your Matthews Area Dream Home
And don’t miss out on the newest home listings in the Matthews area. Sign up to receive email notification of homes as soon as they come on the market. You can customize your search to your specific needs and always be the first to know what’s coming on the market.
What’s Your Matthews Area Home Worth?
Wondering what your Matthews, NC area home is worth in today’s market? Find out by clicking on the picture below.
If you’re thinking about selling your Matthews home, let’s get together and discuss the supply conditions in Matthews and how we can assist you in gaining access to buyers who area ready, willing, and able to buy now.
Contact us if you’d like to receive our Neighborhood Analyzer Report on a monthly basis so you can keep track of home sales activity in your neighborhood.
We’re happy to provide this information with no obligation on your part.
Previous Housing Market Updates For Matthews
Buying Or Selling A Home In Matthews….
… The Right Broker Makes All The Difference!
This Charlotte, North Carolina real estate monthly update for Matthews is brought to you by Nina Hollander and Carolinas Realty Partners with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, your Matthews area specialists and Charlotte metro area residential real estate experts. We’ve been opening doors for Matthews home buyers and sellers for 20+ years.
If you’re considering selling or purchasing a home in the Matthews, North Carolina area, I’d love an opportunity to earn your business, exceed your expectations, and to show you how:
Matthews, NC Homes For Sale
- Video Update Matthews Housing Market: June 2019
- Matthews, NC Remained A Seller's Market in June 2019
- Matthews Area Hot Neighborhoods To Watch
- Find Your Matthews Area Dream Home
- What's Your Matthews Area Home Worth?
- Previous Housing Market Updates For Matthews
- Buying Or Selling A Home In Matthews....
- Matthews, NC Homes For Sale