Matthews Housing Market Update/Video for December 2018. December home sales in Matthews, North Carolina saw continued home sale prices increases. Market inventory remained tight and months supply of homes at 1.9 months indicated a continuing seller’s market. Closed and pending sales, as well as new listings, were all down by double digits in December. Lack of affordable inventory can be considered a contributing factor for this situation, as well as the holiday season slowdown.
Video Update For The Matthews Housing Market: December 2018
Matthews, NC Remained A Seller’s Market in December 2018
- Average sale price of Matthews area homes increased by 4% to just under $322,000 as compared with the same period one year ago. This average sale price is also almost $45,000 higher in December than it was just last month in November.
- Median sale price for Matthews area homes in December decreased 3.4% versus one year ago to $262,000.
- Average days on market for property listings in Matthews were 44 days (down 12 days compared with one year ago).
- Median days on market stood at 29 days in December 2018, up 5 days compared with one year ago. No doubt that with increasing home prices houses are taking longer to sell than just a few months ago.
- Average price per square foot increased by 6.5% to $132/square foot in December 2018 versus the same period in 2017.
- Pending sales in Matthews decreased 14.3% in December versus the same month last year.
- Closed sales in Matthews decreased 50% compared with the same month one year ago.
- New listings in Matthews decreased 18.6% versus December 2017.
- Months supply of inventory remained low at 1.9 months keeping Matthews a seller’s market.
- Median percent of original list price that sellers received for their homes was 96.2%, showing relatively little negotiating room in the 28105 zip code for Matthews area homes.
Matthews Area Hot Neighborhoods To Watch
Find Your Matthews Area Dream Home
And don’t miss out on the newest home listings in the Matthews area. Sign up to receive email notification of homes as soon as they come on the market. You can customize your search to your specific needs and always be the first to know what’s coming on the market.
Find Out What Your Matthews Area Home Is Worth
Wondering what your Matthews, NC area home is worth in today’s market? Find out by clicking on the picture below.
If you’re thinking about selling your Matthews home, let’s get together and discuss the supply conditions in Matthews and how we can assist you in gaining access to buyers who area ready, willing, and able to buy now.
Contact us if you’d like to receive our Neighborhood Analyzer Report on a monthly basis so you can keep track of home sales activity in your neighborhood.
We’re happy to provide this information with no obligation on your part.
Previous Housing Market Updates For Matthews
Buying Or Selling A Home In Matthews….
… The Right Broker Makes All The Difference!
This Charlotte, North Carolina real estate monthly update for Matthews is brought to you by Nina Hollander and Carolinas Realty Partners with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, your Matthews area specialists and Charlotte metro area residential real estate experts. We’ve been opening doors for Matthews home buyers and sellers for 20+ years.
If you’re considering selling or purchasing a home in the Matthews, North Carolina area, I’d love an opportunity to earn your business, exceed your expectations, and to show you how:
- Video Update For The Matthews Housing Market: December 2018
- Matthews, NC Remained A Seller's Market in December 2018
- Matthews Area Hot Neighborhoods To Watch
- Find Your Matthews Area Dream Home
- Find Out What Your Matthews Area Home Is Worth
- Previous Housing Market Updates For Matthews
- Buying Or Selling A Home In Matthews....