Fort Mill and Tega Cay, South Carolina housing markets remained seller markets in November 2018, characterized by steadily increasing home prices and tight inventory with months supply of housing in both areas dropping along with the days on market. Pending and closed sales both up in November, as were new listings.
Fort Mill & Tega Cay Housing Markets Remain Seller Markets
Fort Mill & Tega Cay, South Carolina Housing Market Report For November 2018
November 2018 home sales in the Fort Mill and Tega Cay, South Carolina (29715 and 29708 zip code areas) in the Charlotte, NC metro region continued the trends we’ve seen throughout 2018 and since 2016 with steadily increasing home prices, as inventory remains tight and as “affordable” homes become increasingly harder to find.
VIDEO UPDATE FOR FORT MILL, SC HOUSING MARKET: NOVEMBER 2018
VIDEO UPDATE FOR TEGA CAY, SC HOMES: NOVEMBER 2018
Fort Mill, SC Housing Market Statistics: November 2018
- The average sale price of Fort Mill area homes increased by 12.7% to just under $359,00 compared with November 2017.
- Average days on market for Fort Mill property listings were 54 days, down one day compared with last year.
- Median days on market in Fort Mill were 28 days, a decrease of one day compared with one year ago.
- Price per square foot for Fort Mill homes was $131/square foot in November 2018.
- Closed sales of homes in Fort Mill during November 2018 increased by 8.3% compared with the same period last year.
- Pending sales in November 2018 were up 32.2% in Fort Mill.
- The median percent of original list price that sellers received for their homes was 97.6% in Fort Mill, indicating minimal negotiating room.
- Months supply of homes dropped to 2.5 months, indicating predominantly a seller’s market in Fort Mill with inventory of homes dropping by 5.3%.
- New listings were up 13.4% in Fort Mill in November 2018. No doubt this contributed to the positive pending and closed sales in November 2018, despite tight inventory overall.
Tega Cay, SC Housing Market Statistics: November 2018
- Home sale prices averaged just under $372,000 for Tega Cay homes.
- Median home sale prices were up 8.7% versus last year at $376,000.
- Average days on market were 78, increasing by 5 days compared with one year ago.
- Median days on market in Tega Cay were 33 days, increasing by 16 days versus one year ago.
- Price per square foot in Tega Cay increased by 10.4% to $138/square foot in November 2018.
- Closed sales in Tega Cay decreased 14.8% versus November 2017. (Blame low inventory, fewer new listings.)
- Pending sales were up by 40% in Tega Cay versus November 2017.
- The median percent of original list price that sellers received for their homes in Tega Cay was 96.6%, showing some “wiggle room” in negotiations, but not a lot.
- Months supply of homes as compared with one year ago is 2.6 months, down 1.3 months compared with one year ago.
- Inventory of homes was down by double-digits in November 2018, down 27.4%.
- New listings were up 13.6% in Tega Cay in November 2018.
Fort Mill Area’s Hot Neighborhoods
Wondering what the hot neighborhoods are in the Fort Mill/Tega Cay area? Click on the picture below to discover the hottest neighborhoods to be watching in Fort Mill in 2018.
Search All Fort Mill & Tega Cay Area Homes For Sale
You can search for all Fort Mill and Tega Cay area homes for sale here at www.GreatHomesInCharlotte.com.
Don’t miss out on the newest home listings in Fort Mill and Tega Cay. Sign up to receive email notification of homes as they come on the market. You can customize your search to your specific needs and always be the first to know what’s coming on the market in both Fort Mill and Tega Cay.
Find Out What Your Fort Mill Or Tega Cay Home Is Worth
Wondering what your Fort Mill or Tega Cay home is worth in today’s market? Find out by clicking on the picture below.
Contact us if you’d like to receive our Neighborhood Analyzer Report on a monthly basis so you can keep track of home sales activity in your neighborhood.
We’re happy to provide this information with no obligation on your part.
Previous Housing Market Updates For Fort Mill & Tega Cay
Buying Or Selling In Fort Mill Or Tega Cay….
… The Right Broker Can Make The Difference
This Charlotte, North Carolina real estate monthly update for Fort Mill and Tega Cay, SC is provided by Nina Hollander and Carolinas Realty Partners, Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, your Charlotte metro area residential real estate experts and Fort Mill and Tega Cay specialists. We’ve been opening doors for Fort Mill and Tega Cay home buyers and sellers for 20+ years.
If you’re considering selling or purchasing a home in the Fort Mill and Tega Cay areas or anywhere in the Charlotte metro region, I’d love an opportunity to earn your business, to exceed your expectations, and to show you how:
- Fort Mill & Tega Cay Housing Markets Remain Seller Markets
- Fort Mill, SC Housing Market Statistics: November 2018
- Tega Cay, SC Housing Market Statistics: November 2018
- Fort Mill Area's Hot Neighborhoods
- Search All Fort Mill & Tega Cay Area Homes For Sale
- Find Out What Your Fort Mill Or Tega Cay Home Is Worth
- Previous Housing Market Updates For Fort Mill & Tega Cay
- Buying Or Selling In Fort Mill Or Tega Cay....