14 reasons on February 14th to love Charlotte. Is there a better day than Valentine’s Day to talk about why I love living in Charlotte? When people ask me why as a transplant to Charlotte, I love living in the Queen City, I can tick off 12+ reasons (actually 14 of them!) without hardly thinking about it.
14 Reasons To Love Charlotte
The Charlotte Business Journal’s 2018 40 Under 40 Honorees in 2018 were also asked why they loved living in Charlotte… to my astonishment their answers were exactly what mine are when I’m asked and incorporated many of the reasons we made a choice to move to Charlotte in 1998 and why we have never regretted that decision.
With Valentine’s Day falling on the 14th day of February, here are:
14 Reasons To Love Living In Charlotte (Whether You’re Under Or Over 40):
- Climate: most everyone asked mentions how much they love the Charlotte weather, the moderate winters, and that we have four seasons to enjoy.
- Charlotte’s culinary/restaurant scene, which has exploded over the past 10 years or so.
- Charlotte’s small town charm and big city amenities. I’ve long said I love living in Charlotte because it provides all the advantages of big city life without all the disadvantages of big city life. And residents with children consider it a great place to raise a family.
- Charlotte’s reasonable cost of living. Having moved here from New York City, I can personally attest to that!
- Charlotte’s explosion of craft breweries. While I’m not a beer drinker myself, those who do love beer truly appriciate the growing craft brewery scene in Charlotte. Fortune Magazine named Charlotte the newest hub for craft beer some years ago and that growth hasn’t stopped.
- Greenway trails and parks. Charlotte has some 49 miles of greenway trails just in Mecklenburg County. Charlotte is also home to 210 parks and facilities located on more than 21,000 + acres of parkland throughout Mecklenburg County.
- Charlotte-Douglas Airport. Charlotte’s airport is easily accessible and easy to navigate despite the fact that it’s one of the nation’s largest hubs and an interntional airport that moves over 45 million passengers a year through its terminals. And the parking cost is reasonable, too!
- Charlotte’s proximity to both mountains and beaches. Want a quick weekend getaway… you can be in the mountains or the beach within a few hours.
- Friendly and welcoming people. No one needs to be a stranger in Charlotte for long.
- Cultural options, which include music, dance, theatre, art, Broadway shows, international festivals and more.
- Sports, which include football, basketball, as well as baseball, hockey, NASCAR racing, soccer events, golf and more.
- Sophisticated business environment. More than half of the Fortune 500 companies have a presence in Charlotte and six are headquartered in the Queen City.
- Ethnic diversity. Charlotte has become a true melting pot with people moving here from all over the world.
- Neighborhood diversity. Charlotte offers a myriad of lifestyles from urban to suburban to country. We have historical neighborhoods, new neighborhoods and everything in between.
Thinking About Moving To Charlotte?
FREE Charlotte Relocation Package
Did you know that some 60 people a day are moving to the Charlotte region? If you’re planning a move to the Charlotte region, REQUEST OUR FREE RELOCATION PACKAGE TODAY. It’s full of useful and important information about life in the Charlotte area and its many neighborhoods and it’s a great way to begin discovering the Charlotte metro area and everything it has to offer, which as you can see is a lot!