Charlotte’s Yiasou Greek Festival — one of the Queen City’s favorite annual events– is back in 2022 after a several year hiatus due to the pandemic. Charlotte has been enjoying “all things Greek” for over 40 years at the Yiasou Greek Festival.
Charlotte’s Yiasou Greek Festival 2022: September 9-11
Charlotte’s Yiasou Greek Festival is one of the Queen City’s biggest and most popular cultural festivals. The festival has won many awards and accolades over the years, including, “Best Ethnic Festival,” “Reader’s Choice Best Annual Festival,” Charlotte Magazine’s “Best International Festival,” “Best of the City Festival,” “Best of the Best/Best Cultural Festival,” and more.
Is it any wonder that some 50,000+ Charlotteans have attend the festival in past years? This hugely popular festival began in 1970 as a simple church fundraiser. Eight years later, the Yiasou Greek Festival expanded to a 3-day format and was attracting some 3,000 visitors. Virtually every member of Charlotte’s Greek community — across every generation — plays some role at the Yiasou Greek Festival,
Greek Festival Events Include:
- Cathedral tours of Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church — a splendid example of Byzantine architecture. Learn more about the history of Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church in Charlotte.
- Live music and dance: including traditional village dances in colorful traditional Greek costumes on one two stages.
- Children’s playland with rides, face painting, games, and more.
- The Holy Trinity Cathedral Choir will be giving 3 choral concerts in conjunction with Cathedral tours on Saturday at 3:00 pm and 4:00 pm and on Sunday at 1:00 pm.
- Lectures about historic Greek battles.
- Wine tasting booth to try out and/or buy Greek wines.
- Lots and lots of authentic Greek food and delicacies, as well as a Greek grocery. For the 2022 Yiasou Festival menu, click here. You can also purchase “A Taste of Greek Tradition,” an award-winning cookbook compiled by the Ladies Philoptochos Society of Holy Trinity Cathedral. Price: $22. It really is all about Greek food and pastries at the Yiasou Festival. Over 100,000 pastry pieces will be consumed during these four days. Read about how Charlotte’s Greek community prepares for the Yiasou Greek Festival here.
YIASOU GREEK FESTIVAL THROUGH THE YEARS: VIDEO
Location of the Yiasou Greek Festival
Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church
600 East Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28203
Times for the Yiasou Greek Festival
Friday September 9: 11:00 am to 10:00 pm
Saturday, September 10: 11:00 am to 10:00 pm
Sunday, September 11: Noon to 6:00 pm
Admission to the Yiasou Greek Festival
$5, children 12 and under free with adult
No Pets Please: except for service animals
Yiasou Greek Festival Map
This information about Charlotte’s Yiasou Greek Festival 2022 is provided by Nina Hollander/Carolinas Realty Partners with Coldwell Banker, Greater Charlotte area residential real estate experts. We’ve been opening doors for Charlotte region home buyers and sellers for 22+ years.
If you’re considering purchasing or selling a home in the Greater Charlotte metro, I’d love an opportunity to earn your business, exceed your expectations, and show you why experience matters and how: